1) Got engaged
2) Traveled to Europe
3) Drove my new car around Europe
4) Had the opportunity to work with new smart people, in addition to the smart people I already worked with
5) Got engaged
6) Found out I'm going to have a niece ('Unkey Monkey', she'll call me)
7) Got a cool promotion (and the opportunity to look like an ass around even more people who are smarter than me)
8) Did I mention, got engaged? That's the _really_ good one ;-)
So what if I got really sick for several months and spent several nights in the hospital. The good stuff totally outweighs that, and I'm just lucky to have had any of these opportunities.
As the man once said, "Welcome O Life, I go forth to encounter for the millionth time the reality of experience and to forge, in the smithy of my soul, the uncreated conscience of my race."